If you’re like me, a steady marathon of Chip and Jo’s Fixer Upper, leaves me yearning for a flip of my own. Tear down some walls, add some shiplap and large beams, tear out the ugly carpet, and you have a dream home anyone would want to live in. If you’re planning to personally live in the home, a fixer upper offers the opportunity to customize the house to your unique design specifications. By putting in the work, you will spend less money and have a nicer home than if you were to buy a home that someone else already took the time to remodel. Whether you are looking for a fixer upper for a quick flip or a permanent home, Austin has a wide variety of fixer uppers ripe for renovations. Take a look at these 5 Austin area homes that with a little TLC could be true show stoppers.
1. Large East Austin Home with Guest Unit
2. Great North Austin Home on Private Lot, Easy Access to Mopac
3. Westlake Estate on Nearly 2.5 Acres with Sprawling Views of Barton Creek
4. Conveniently Located South Austin Home
5. Central Austin Fixer Upper, Walking Distance From South Congress Strip
Erika Rae Albert
Sharing my Austin real estate updates, home owner tips, & more.
Please Note: Texas law requires licensed agents to provide this Information About Brokerage Services
Licensed agents are also required to provide: Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice