Some of these hacks are borderline genius, some you may have heard of, but here is my list of home hacks sure to save you time, money or at least a trip to the store.
1. Use a walnut to remove scratches from wood furniture.
2. Clean a shower curtain liner in the washing machine. Seriously just throw it in the washer with some towels and detergent.
3. Clean your disposal with vinegar ice cubes. Add some lemon or rosemary to an ice tray, cover with vinegar and freeze. When your disposals smelling funny, add a cube and turn it on.
4. You can also use vinegar to clean your shower head. Fill a plastic bag with vinegar, place it around the top of the shower head and tie it on. Let it sit for 30 mins- 1 hour and then remove.
5. Use a pillow case to clean your fan blades.
6. Clean your sponge in the microwave. Just throw it in there on a microwave save dish and heat on high for 2 minutes. 99.99 % of germs instantly eliminated.
7. Get rid of dust in exhaust fans with compressed air (the kind you use to clean your computer)
8. Use a dryer sheet to remove dust from base boards. This also works great for TV's and other electronics. BONUS TIP- a used dryer sheet is perfect for removing deodorant stains from clothes
Remember, I'm always here for you and your friends. If someone you know is looking to make a move, don't hesitate to give them my information. I'd love to personally help or refer them to someone in their city.
Erika Rae Albert
Sharing my Austin real estate updates, home owner tips, & more.